While your friendly neighborhood blogger took a little break the world kept going. Here are some happenings from the past two weeks:
Snowmaggeddon 2010 happened.
swpars on Flickr shows what I-90 looked like. Hope you weren’t driving!
- Farmers Insurance laid off 10% of staff (MI Reporter).
- TechFlash wrote about Gruberg, an iPhone app for restaurant recommendations by two MI High School seniors.
The MI Firefighters had a food drive.
Mercer Island Reporter on Flickr.
- The $28 million mansion for sale made it to Curbed’s House of the Day.
- Tolling was proposed for the 520 bridge. Raucous debate ensued.
- East Link Light Rail Bellevue continues to generate controversy.
- MI Youth and Family Services is looking for people to sponsor needy families and children for the holidays. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
- The Seattle Times reviews a new book on Mercer Island artist Maria Frank Adams. Good holiday gift. Here’s an old story on her work and life.