This Sunday: The City of Mercer Island is celebrating its golden anniversary, “Mercerversary,” with a community-wide party on Sunday, July 18 from 6:00pm to 7:00pm in Mercerdale Park (77th Avenue SE and SE 32nd Street). The community is invited to attend Mercerversary, which includes a short ceremony celebrating the city’s past, present and future. An inflatable jumper will be available for children, with party hats and cake for all. from Stephanie at the city.
And the schedule for Mostly Music in the Park is up and the first performance is this Sunday with Nowhere Men.
The full schedule:
- Sunday, July 18: Nowhere Men (Beatles music)
- Thursday, July 22: Magnolia Road (60s rock n’ roll)
- Sunday, July 25: Moodswings (all-woman jazz band)
- Thursday, July 29: Show Brazil (Brazilian music)
- Sunday, August 1: Cornucopia Concert Band (Ragtime music)
- Thursday, August 5: Spirit of Ojah (African dance band)
- Sunday, August 8: Freckles Brown (Rhythm and blues)
- Thursday, August 12: Global Village (World fusion/Latin jazz)
- Sunday, August 15: Kings of Swing (Big Band swing music)