Caditz, Myerson, and an artifact of the responsibility they seek. “For Rent” is just a sign of the times.
These two are not short on credentials. They have five degrees between the two of them. They also both endorse the MISD’s 2020 Vision.
Now onto the differences:
- Caditz has served as President of the PTA and has volunteered at the school district for 14 years. She’s a lawyer.
- Myerson has been actively involved in the MISD math curriculum. He’s a scientist and physician.
- Caditz believes in a hands-off approach to curriculum: hire the right administrators and let them administer.
- Myerson, as you might expect from someone apparently known as the “Math Guy,” is much more hands-on. He promises, “I propose to be a Board member who can, and will assess the action, not just supply a pro-forma vote confirming that procedure was followed.“
- Caditz is endorsed by the Mercer Island Education Association.
- Myerson is endorsed by Mike Cero and the 41st District Democrats.
No endorsement here, just trying to figure out what these two are about. Though I’d be interested to read comments from anyone who’s been involved in the MISD or PTA over the last few years. Just type in the form below…