This weekend’s the Summer Celebration, Mercer Islan’ds annual post-4th of July party with firworks and all kind of other things.
From the second sign you can see there’s a boat cruise tonight to watch the fireworks by lake. You can also watch by land at Luther Burbank Park, but take the shuttle from City Hall or walk if you can because parking will be limited.
A rough schedule for the weekend is this (see the city’s full schedule):
- Parade this morning at 10 am (that’s almost now!)
- 11 am – 7 pm Street Fair and other events downtown, including music and other scheduled boat rides around the Island
- Artboat festival 2pm to 5 pm at Luther Burbank
- Fireworks shuttle begins at 6 pm and ends at 945 pm
- Boat cruise boards at 8 pm and leaves at 830 pm
- Fireworks start around dusk
- Pancake breakfast at the firehouse
- Car show in the Farmers’ insurance lot, 10 am- 3 pm
- Street Fair continues, 10 am- 5 pm
Pancakes, artboats and fireworks. Now that’s a weekend. If anyone takes photos, upload them to Flickr and tag them with Mercer Island Summer Celebration and I’ll print a few here on Monday.