Ken Glass tipped me off that HGTV had named Mercer Island one of it’s Top 10 “Dreamy” Neighborhoods. Aw, shucks. No, say it again, HGTV.
The Top 10 Dreamboats are an interesting group. What do we have in common with the other 9?
- Sonoma, CA: “Architecture ranges from Mediterranean to Victorian to Craftsman, and houses come in all sizes, from stunning estates to modest bungalows.” Yup.
- Atherton, CA has its share of tech millionaires, just like the MI.
- Buckhead, Atlanta: “The district also boasts the best dining and nightlife in the region, with more than 300 restaurants, bars and nightclubs.” Ok, so we don’t have so much in common with Buckhead. But if we did, I’d move.
- Lower Downtown, Denver: “Perfect for urbanites who love the mountains.” Hey LoDoDen, we’re an hour from Alpental and one and a half from Crystal. But Vail, Breckenridge and A-Basin do count for something.
- Gold Coast, Chicago: “The neighborhood offers world-class shopping, dining and entertainment” (not so much) “as well convenient proximity to the lake and business district.” (yup).
- Coral Gables, Florida: See Buckhead.
iMercerIsland reports that we’ve also been named #20 of Forbes’ 20 Most Educated Small Towns. It’s like being named one of 10 Homecoming Kings and Queens, or being in a boy band, or… something… Gosh, it’s just so exciting. Mercer Island rocks.
Dreamy. Photo: Collin Waldron.